Kidkast Term 4 Newsletter
It is hard to believe we are now in the final term..!!! For Drogheda this week is the second week of term 4 and for our Collon School this coming Monday is the first week of term 4.
Razzle Dazzle ‘em
All students are busy preparing for the end of year show which takes place on Saturday the 2nd and Sunday the 3rd of June. Apart from entertaining, our end of year show “Razzle Dazzle ‘em” is a showcase for students to show parents, family and friends the fruits of their hard work during the year. This is a busy time and it is important that you read the notes regarding extra rehearsals in The TLT Theatre and in Old Abbey Dance Studios. The show takes a huge amount of organisation and we have tried to simplify the notes and information as best we can, so if you have any queries please ask.
Important for the show is
- Make sure your have paid the production and costume fee €10 or advised us if you won’t be taking part. Please do so at the next class if not done already
- Keep up to speed on the rehearsal notes which will be posted on the news page and also the facebook page. There will be extra rehearsals in the run up to the show and they won’t all be in the studios. We hope to post a full rehearsal schedule this evening
- Get your tickets quickly. Last year the Sunday show sold out..!!! Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone at The TLT Theatre
- Senior Drama students do not take part in the show. Anyone who took part in the Droichead Arts Show in February will not be in the TLT Show
- Drogheda ages 4 – 5 years only take part in one show. If you are not sure which show, please ask. All other ages take part in both shows
- Collon junior students 4 – 7 years, only take part on Saturday 2nd of August. All other Collon students take part in both shows
- HELPERS are needed for both nights. When offering to help please do not offer to help on the night you have a ticket to see the show. Be aware that backstage is very busy, and you may not be assigned to a group that your child will be in. Please message us with your name, mobile number and preferred night to email@example.com
- REALLY IMPORTANT IS YOUR PATIENCE OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS AS REHEARSAL SCHEDULES CAN RUN OVER TIME.
Drama Exams are being finalised this weekend. If you received a text during the week this means we have no payment against your exam. It is best to ask at reception if you are booked. Payment needs to be received by the weekend.
Our summer camps run from Monday July 2nd to Friday 6th July. We hold three camps during the week
- Mini Camp Tuesday to Thursday 10 to 12.30pm
- Inter Intensive for ages 7 – 12 Monday to Friday 10 to 3pm
- Senior Intensive ages 13+ Monday to Friday 10 to 3pm
As always, we have booked leading choreographers to come and teach. Returning this year is Sam Lyons and Bernie O’Rourke from the College Of Dance in Dublin. We are very excited to invite Paul Ryder to this year’s summer intensive. Paul featured recently on Ireland’s Got Talent. Grace English returns from London to join us and Annaleigh is booked too as well as Sarah Louisa and Tarik Shebani and Sally Anne Burke.
Camps cost €60 for the mini camp and €95 for the inter and senior intensive. Places are strictly limited and early booking is advisable.
BRING A PARENT WEEK
We are holding a “Bring A Parent” week which is a fundraiser for LauraLynn who provide palliative care and support for all children with life-limiting conditions. From Monday the 11th to Saturday the 16th of June students will invite a parent or both parents / guardians to join them in taking their class or classes. It will be a fun week and already a couple of the daddy’s are dusting off their tutu’s in preparation. We will have collection boxes in the classes and ask the visiting parents to make a donation, all monies raised will go to LauraLynn so please give this all your support.