FOR THE SHOW: STUDENT SAFETY COMES FIRST
- Before the show. Please drop your child in the theatre auditorium. This can be a busy time and to avoid congestion, parents should leave the area as quickly as possible. Students will be grouped and have minders who will stay with them for the duration of the show. Classes age 8 and upwards should arrive at 5pm at the TLT Theatre, Junior classes, age 4-7 should arrive at 5.30pm sharp. Please note the carpark in The TLT will be blocked for parking. Please give yourself time to park in the Tesco carpark and walk up to the theatre.
- Make Up Younger students can wear a light make up, eg. lipstick, blusher, a little eyeshadow. Senior students should wear a strong stage makeup and should be tanned.
- During the show. Please do not look to find or see your child during the show. Parents will not be allowed access to the balcony or backstage areas. All students will be well looked after. In the unlikely event of a parent being needed on the balcony during the show, an announcement will be made. Do not try to take your child without making minders or Teachers aware.
- Students will not be allowed to leave the balcony area to go to the shop, or into the theatre at any stage of the show or interval. Anything they need for the evening must be brought with them at the start of the show.
- After the show. Junior Children (age 4-7 classes) will be brought back to their balcony seats and will be brought to the balcony door for collection. All other children will be brought to the side of stage for collection (stage right or the stage door facing you as you enter the theatre). This is a busy process and we ask parents not to rush the door. Your co-operation will ensure the smooth exiting of the students. Yet again no parents are allowed backstage or on the balcony.
- This year the 4- 5 age group will be in the first half of the show, For the second half they will be supervised on the balcony to watch the show before coming on stage for our Grand Finale. Please do not collect your children during the show as it is a disruption, however if you would like to collect your child at the interval please let us know in advance. Child safety before, during and after the show is our primary concern.
- NOTE: The show starts at 6.30pm on the button. Don’t be Late ! Latecomers will not be admitted until a suitable break in the performance. Please allow plenty of time for parking. The duration of the show is approximately 2 ½ hours + interval
- We recommend students bring a drink (no fizzy drinks please only water or juice) and a snack. Fruit would be good!! DO NOT BRING ANY NUT PRODUCTS AS WE HAVE SEVERAL STUDENTS WITH SEVERE NUT ALLERGIES.
- Do not bring any valuables i.e. money, mobile phones or iPods or jewellery. JEWELLERY AND WATCHES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO BE WORN ON STAGE!
- Students taking part in 2 shows please bring their costume home on the Saturday night in preparation for Sundays show.
- ALL COSTUMES MUST BE LEFT IN THE THEATRE AFTER THE LAST SHOW!! After the last (Sunday night) show do not bring costumes home. Leave them in the changing rooms. Many of this year’s costumes are hired and are to be returned on Monday after the show. There will be a charge for late return. Please ensure that your child has something to change into after the show. Parents please check that younger students have left all costumes behind them (including leotards)
- Please do not go into the changing area as there are other children changing. Students will be brought to you.
- Senior Students be aware, after the Finale, no one should leave the stage until the younger students are safely brought to the balcony.
This year you can pre-order DVDs of the show in order to have them within 10 days of the show. Orders can be placed at your childs rehearsal time in the TLT Theatre or by email, Facebook or text. DVDs will cost €15.
- We hope you all enjoy this year’s production!
- If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me on 041 9836200 or 087 689 4860. email@example.com
THERE ARE NO HAIR STRAIGHTENERS OR CURLING RODS ALLOWED IN THE THEATRE AT ANY STAGE OF REHEARSALS OR SHOW.