We hope everyone is settled and are looking forward to another year at Kidkast. We have many new students and we welcome you all to the Kidkast family. At any stage if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. Please see our newsletter giving information and dates for your calendar.
Kidkast has been at the centre of Performing Arts training in Ireland since 1999. In 2006 we opened our studios here in Old Abbey Lane and provided a professional venue for our students to train in, and a home for our Kidkast family. Our teachers are professional, trained, are all experienced and have been with Kidkast for many years, some of them since we started. They know the students inside out, and provide consistent, personal attention to each and every one. We are very proud that Kidkast has been recognised as a Vocational, Educational body as we provide students with the tools, technique and attitude to pursue a career in performing arts if they so decide. Kidkast training and the confidence it brings also contributes to any career or life path chosen by our students. What we provide is a safe environment for your child/young adult, where they can learn, and you can rest assured that they are getting the very best tuition …. Our Coffee Dock facility allows parents to relax, have a coffee and little time out while students are in class.
- Term dates are Term 1 3rd September to 17th November, Term 2 19th November to 9th February, Term 3 11th February to 29th April and Term 4 30th April to 24th June
- Guitar Lessons with Sean have recommenced on Saturdays, email email@example.com or contact reception for available time slots
- A few changes to our timetable for this year. Breakdance with Leon Dwyer will now take place on Mondays, with an extra class “Popping and All Styles” added from 5-6pm
- Aine Whelan’s Hip Hop class (General Age) will now take place on Tuesdays from 7-8pm
- A huge welcome to our new Hip Hop teacher for Saturdays, Sophie Kavanagh. Sophie will be a great addition to our team.
- We are currently in rehearsals for The National Showchoir Finals, which takes place in the O’Reilly Theatre Dublin where 60 of our students will take to the stage on November 4th . Last year we came third and had huge fun in doing so, making many new friends.
- Our Agency is busily working in the background with castings for movies, commercials etc. Good luck to our students who have auditions, and recalls coming up. Congratulations also to all our students who will be performing in Pantomimes in the Tivoli Theatre and The Helix in Dublin, The TLT Theatre and The Barbican in Drogheda.
- Good luck to our student Chris Howick Crook in the All-Ireland Talent search Final Rounds!
- Best wishes to Sarah Louisa and Annaleigh on their venture into Pantoland in the TLT this year.
- Rumour has it that a new line of Kidkast branded dancewear is en-route… Watch this space..
SOME DATES FOR YOUR DIARY…
- October 21st 2018 VAD Dance Inspirations Competition
- October 28th 2018 London Here we come!!
- October 27th, – November 2nd Mid term
- November 3rd 2018 National Show Choir Finals in the O’Reilly Theatre Dublin
- 2nd December 2018 – Irish Hip Hop Idol – Competition in the National Basketball Arena, Tallaght
- Christmas Holidays from December 20th – January 4th inclusive
- February 2019 Spectrum Hip Hop Competition, to be announced
- 17th March 2018 Kidkast entry to St Patrick’s Day Parade in Drogheda
- June 1st & 2nd 2019 Annual Kidkast show in the TLT Theatre
- June 13th & 20th 2019 Leinster School of Music and Drama exams
- June 2019 Classes finish on 24th June for the Summer Holidays
- July 2019 Summer Camps/Workshops
- Ballet/Modern exams – Christmas session & Spring Session
Other events will be announced throughout the school year
DANCE-WEAR AT OLD ABBEY DANCE STUDIOS
Kidkast t-shirts are €8
Kidkast Hoodies are €35
Kidkast Zipped Hoodies are €40
(Hoodies & zipped hoodies are personalised with the student’s name at no extra cost!)
Musical theatre/drama/singing/song & dance: Kidkast t-shirt, leggings & trainers/Jazz shoes
Acro: Pink convertible tights, black leotard, black shorts, trainers
Jazz: Convertible tights, leotard & jazz shoes OR leggings, tight fitted top & jazz shoes
Tap: Kidkast t-shirt, leggings & tap shoes OR leggings, tight fitted top and tap shoes
Lyrical/Contemporary: Convertible tights, leotard OR leggings & tight fitted top.
Hip hop/Breakdancing: Kidkast t-shirt and leggings/tracksuit bottoms
Ballet Friday: Leotard & skirt (the plum coloured ISTD leotard & skirt is needed for ballet exams) pink tights, ballet shoes
Ballet Saturday: Leotard, pink tights, ballet shoes
ALL STUDENTS MUST HAVE THE CORRECT FOOTWEAR FOR EACH CLASS. Senior Jazz students (age 13+) must have both tan & black split sole jazz shoes before next years show. Ages 6-12 Song and Dance, Dance or Jazz Dance students must have black split sole jazz shoes.
For students to truly work to their best potential the correct attire should be worn. Correct footwear is in particular crucial to a student’s development. If you are unsure, don’t hesitate to ask any of the teachers to see what they suggest. We have a dance shop on site and all clothing and footwear is available at high street prices for your convenience.
The most important thing to bring to class is a smile, lots of energy & a good attitude!
- You are a part of the Kidkast family. Students of all ages work side by side, and make life time friends, having lots of fun along the way.
- We provide training that is second to none in all aspects of performing arts, teaching our students to perform, but also providing them with the technique they need should they choose a career in Performing Arts. Kidkast has been designated as an Educational Body, providing students with excellence in training, and preparing them for a possible career as a performer or teacher.
- Old Abbey Dance Studios, is the only purpose built dance studio in the North East of the country, providing the best facilities and a comfortable “second home” to our students.
- Every year Kidkast students go on to professional third level training.
- Our teachers are all specialised and highly regarded in their own fields, ensuring that you are learning from the best. We have a no pressure policy
COMPETITIVE HIP HOP CREWS ARE STILL OPEN FOR NEW MEMBERS. ASK AT RECEPTION FOR INFORMATION
Crew Rehearsals take place on Thursday evenings.
Flexi class is available to all dance students free of charge from 5.30 – 6.30 each Monday. This class concentrates totally on strength and flexibility.